Sunday, August 10, 2014

What's That?

What's that? To the right of the screen. Is that an ad on my blog? Why yes. Yes it is.

I have been blogging for two and a half years now. I have not allowed ads on my blog, until now. For a few reasons:

1. I do not like clutter. I am a neat freak and this is not something that a mother who has five children, a husband and three pets in the home can usually control. But my blog...well, the blog is all mine. I can keep it as neat, tidy and clutter free as my heart desires.

2. I have visited many other blogs, mom blogs in particular, and have noticed that some of them are completely overrun by ads and links and the like. The screen just gets too "busy". I understand it but at the same time I want my blog to be more about the actual content than the ads. I want my readers to come here, feel at ease and not be bombarded with so much in-your-face advertising.

3. I have done my research. I have looked into ads over the years and hadn't found one yet that I could really stand behind. I was contacted via email by The Bouqs Co. earlier this week and before responding, I had to look them up and see what they were all about. I liked what I saw. A lot.


Image from The Bouqs Co. website. Their "Confetti" bouquet


So, who is The Bouqs Co.? An online flower shop! I know, I know, there are tons of flower shops. So why The Bouqs? Firstly, they are sooooo reasonably priced. When I was still a working gal, one of my duties was to order and send flowers whenever an employee had a baby, retired, lost a family member and so on. On average, a decent bouquet cost anywhere from $45 to $70 or even more, not including delivery fees. At The Bouqs a standard bouquet, as seen in the picture above, is $40 and includes free shipping if you have an account. An account just means you sign in with your email address and password. Pretty harmless, right?

What makes The Bouqs flowers different?







Like I said, this is something I can get behind. I absolutely love receiving fresh flowers. It is one of my favorite gifts and I actually don't get them very often. I will be receiving one free "Confetti" bouquet delivered to me this Friday and I am so excited to see them in person. If they are anything compared to the pictures and reviews I have seen and read then I know I am in for a real treat. I will be taking pictures and doing a review of my own after I receive them and I am looking forward to it very much.

So, what does this mean for you? Well, that depends. If you also like what you see here then I will ask a favor. Next time you need or want to send someone amazingly beautiful eco-friendly flowers, please come here to my blog and click on the ad. Easy as that. Bookmark this post if you would like it to be even easier and I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you to The Bouqs Co. for trusting me to represent your product. I am looking forward to this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment