Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Best Ever Coleslaw Recipe

I am kind of a snob when it comes to coleslaw. I hate everyone else's coleslaw but mine. Well, when I say "mine" I mean the coleslaw I was raised on. My Grandmother (rest in peace) made it for my Dad when he was little and he, in turn, made it for us. It is my favorite coleslaw EVER and everyone who eats it here, loves it too.

The great thing about coleslaw is that it goes with so many different foods. If you are looking for that perfect yet simple side dish for dinner or a potluck, look no further. This may turn out to be your go to food.




Best Ever Coleslaw Recipe

Ingredients:

1   16 oz bag tri-color coleslaw (or you can shred your own head of cabbage, green, red or both)
1 - 1 1/2  cups mayonnaise
3/4   cup sugar
3 Tbsps   cider vinegar

1. Place the slaw into a large bowl, preferably one with a lid.

2. Add the mayo, sugar and vinegar. Mix very well.

3. Taste it to see if you would like more mayo, sugar or vinegar. Add some if you do, little by little.

4. You can eat it right away but I prefer to cover it and place it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or so, sometimes longer. It will get a little soupier and the flavors will incorporate better. Give it a good stir just before serving.


I make sure to use it up within a day or two, keeping it refrigerated in the meantime. If you like onions, try adding a small amount of finely chopped white or red onions. It's pretty darn good that way, too. Gives a nice little bite to it.

Happy eating! Let me know if you give it a try.





No comments:

Post a Comment