Friday, August 1, 2014

Easy Peasy Mini Pizzas Recipe

MY KIDS LOVE PIZZA!!! My Mom used to make us these mini pizzas when my five brothers and I were kids and I have been making them for mine since they could chew. This is one of the easiest dinners I make for them and goodness knows I love easy!

You can play with the ingredients for this recipe to make your family happy. Topping choices are endless and only you will know which veggies and meats your child(ren) will eat. Make the pizzas your own and have fun with it. Your kids would probably love to help you out in the kitchen, too.




Easy Peasy Mini Pizzas Recipe

Preheat oven to 350°

Ingredients:

1  pack of English muffins (6 count)...I really like the Sourdough ones but any will do.
1  14 oz. can or jar of pizza sauce
12 - 18 ozs.  shredded cheese of your choice
Any toppings you choose (optional)

** Note: If you are using meat, cook it up before hand. For example: ground beef, grilled chicken, Italian sausage, etc. If I am using ground beef, I brown one pound and season it to taste, sometimes adding minced garlic or diced onions, oregano and so on. Whatever I fancy that particular evening.

1. Open all of the English muffins and lay flat on a baking sheet, 12 pizzas total.

2. Spoon sauce evenly onto each English muffin.

3. If you are using any meats or veggies, add them now :-)

4. Pile 2 - 3 tablespoons of shredded cheese onto each pizza.

5. Bake in the oven for @ 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.


So easy! Sometimes I like to do a BBQ chicken version. Instead of pizza sauce you can use BBQ sauce. Add grilled chicken and garnish them with chopped cilantro and red onions. It is amazing!

Have fun in the kitchen with this one and please feel free to comment or share with me when you do! Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment